Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thank You Mr President

September 11, 2014



Dear President Jonathan,

I hope you will excuse my addressing you just as Mr President. I am a civilian, and I have little interest in reminding myself that you command the armed forces of the greatest Black nation in all the earth and probably on the entire universe. However I hope that under your command, those forces will speedily right the wrongs that have been inflicted and continue to be inflicted on this country by Boko Haram. A terrorist anywhere is a terrorist everywhere, and we all have been terrorized by Boko Haram in much the same way as Osama bin Laden terrorized a certain great people 13 years ago today. But now I digress and must return to the meat of my message.

I am a civilian and so I choose to refer to you by the more civil style of President. I wish to thank you for ordering the decommissioning of those campaign banners and posters that bear the #BringBackGoodluck2015 hashtag. I appreciate your astuteness in recognizing how that kind of hashtag can encourage misperceptions of your good intentions with respect to Chibok.

Thank you for calling your people to order. It would probably save your campaign some embarrassment if it had some way of vetting what information is disseminated to the public in your name or in support of your cause.

While you continue to ponder on whether to run or to run in 2015 (because not running is not a viable option), please take some time to ensure that 2014 ends with all of Nigeria united under our green white and green flag. I definitely do not want to have to start applying for a visa when I want to visit Maiduguri or Michika.

Once again Mr President, thank you.



Naijaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment