Thursday, October 29, 2015

"DON'T BE SILLY"

Category:Uncategorized

I came across this story on SaharaReporters and thereafter said a prayer of thanks to God that nothing untoward happened to my dear former president. For, were Matthew Aremu Okikiola Olusegun Obasanjo to so suddenly go missing from among the living, this ridiculous back and forth between Wole Soyinka and him would come to an untimely end, and so would my thorough entertainment by the big words that adorn the many pages of their bickering.


So I said a prayer of thanksgiving to God for protecting the former president as he made his way to Lagos en route Abidjan, where he was going to monitor the presidential elections there on behalf of ECOWAS and to ensure that those elections were free and fair.


After my prayer of thanksgiving to God for the life of Okikiola, I allowed myself to begin to think that having President Obasanjo monitor any elections and/or listening to his opinion on free and fair elections is like having, as the lead judge in a musical competition, a man born deaf and dumb, and requesting such a man to verbalize his keynote address.

Then I slapped my hungry self and, in my father’s voice said to myself: “Don’t be silly!”

No comments:

Post a Comment