Saturday, March 28, 2015

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Saturday, March 28, 2015

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Hugo Naijaman


My dear compatriots,

The long-expected, much-awaited day is upon us. The hours are far spent. The elections have commenced in many areas. There have been hitches reported in others. I myself have satisfied my conscience. I salute the courage of all Nigerians nationwide who have similarly sincerely satisfied theirs.

I salute in particular this woman whose face has come up on my Twitter feed (#NigeriaDecides). I do not know who she is. I cannot tell where these pictures were taken. But the accompanying reports state that the pictures were taken today, in Nigeria, as she went to her unit to vote her choice for president.

I salute her courage, and the courage of all seniors like herself. Despite having done their part in the yesterday that was their present to secure for us the tomorrow that has now become our today, they now join us as we work to secure a future for our unborn generations.

In the face of such courage, such determination, such patriotism, such unqualified dedication to the protection  of our collective destiny as a nation and to the preservation of our freedom as a people, unhindered by the encumbrances of age and failing health, all I am capable of is admiration, respect, awe.

When we say God bless Nigeria, it is not just a complimentary close. It is also a prayer. When I see things like this, I get confirmation that that prayer is being answered every day in every way. I also get confirmation that there is a God, and that He is listening. And blessing Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.